The Strokes’ Albert Hammond weds

The Strokes’ Albert Hammond weds

MARRIED: Musician Albert Hammond Jr. and girlfriend Justyna Sroka attend the premiere of "Gravity" at the AMC Lincoln Square Theaters on Tuesday, Oct. 1, in New York. Photo: Associated Press/Evan Agostini

The Strokes star Albert Hammond, Jr. celebrated Christmas as a married man after tying the knot with his girlfriend.

The rocker was first linked to New York restaurant hostess Justyna Sroka over the summer and they decided to make their relationship official by exchanging vows on Monday.

Hammond, Jr. broke the news to fans by sharing a photo of the casually-dressed newlyweds on his page, alongside the caption, “Mr. & Mrs. Hammond, JR Yeah…she kept the JR YES!! Haha she’s JHJ I’m AHJ”.

No further details about the low-key ceremony were released, but the guitarist, who recently went public with his drug addiction hell, also revealed that Sroka had been the inspiration behind his recent single, “St. Justice.”

Hammond, Jr. previously dated British model Agyness Deyn and TV presenter Alexa Chung, while Sroka has also been linked to actor/rocker Jared Leto.

Recent Headlines

in National, World

Obama makes pitch to win support for Pacific trade pact


U.S. President Barack Obama kicked off a sales pitch for a 12-nation Pacific Rim trade agreement.

in Sports, Viral Videos

WATCH: Peewee footballers ‘Whip’ and ‘Nae Nae’ instead of playing


That moment when you're supposed to be playing football but your jam comes on ...

in National

Gov’t health insurance website getting upgrades


Consumers shopping on the government's health insurance website should find it easier to get their questions answered this year.

in Sports

Cleveland appeals ‘jock tax’ ruling to Supreme Court


The city of Cleveland says it is within its rights to tax visiting professional athletes based on the number of games they play a year because taxation is a matter of local jurisdiction.

in Sports

FIFA’s Blatter calls Swiss investigation ‘outrageous’


The outgoing FIFA President said a criminal investigation against him was "not correct" and defended his decision not to step down sooner as head of the world soccer body.