News

Graco recalls nearly 2M car seats

Graco recalls nearly 2M car seats

RECALLED:This undated photo provided by Graco Children’s Products shows a SnugRide Classic Connect infant car seat. Graco Children's Products is recalling 1.9 million infant car seats, bowing to demands from U.S. safety regulators in what is now the largest seat recall in American history. Buckles can get gummed up by food and drinks, and that could make it hard to remove children. Infant-seat models covered by the recall issued Tuesday, July 1, include the SnugRide, SnugRide Classic Connect (including Classic Connect 30 and 35), SnugRide 30, SnugRide 35, SnugRide Click Connect 40, and Aprica A30. They were manufactured between July 2010 and May 2013, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Photo: Associated Press

Graco on Monday announced the recall of 1.9 million child safety seats due to a problems with the buckle and harness.

The company says the buckle, found on a variety of its carseat models, can be “difficult to open.” The company says there have been no injuries reported as a result of the buckle and is offering consumers a free replacement part.

Graco says it is safe to continue using the carseat until a replacement buckle arrives.

The announcement marks the largest seat recall in U.S. history, the Associated Press reported.

Recent Headlines

in National

Jobless claims signal firmer labor market

Fresh
Job seekers adjust their paperwork as they wait in line to attend a job fair in New York February 28, 2013.

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, suggesting the labor market continued to strengthen.

in National

Accused Boston bomber appears in court

In this courtroom sketch, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is depicted sitting in federal court in Boston Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, for a final hearing before his trial begins in January. Tsarnaev is charged with the April 2013 attack that killed three people and injured more than 260. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect told a judge that he was satisfied with his lawyers' preparations for the January start of his trial over the deadly 2013 attack.

in Sports

Thursday’s Sports Minute

grizzlies

Here's a look at some of the big sports stories making headlines today, Thursday, Dec. 18.

in Sports

Ray Rice investigation heating up

Former Baltimore Ravens NFL running back Ray Rice and his wife Janay arrive for a hearing at a New York City office building November 5, 2014.

Hundreds of NFL employees gave records to investigators looking into how Commissioner Roger Goodell handled evidence in the Ray Rice case.

in Lifestyle

We’re living 6 years longer

doctor

Fewer people are dying from cancer and heart disease in rich countries and there's a better survival rate in poor countries from tuberculosis and malaria.